Sandton at a glance
Sandton is an affluent area situated within the metro of Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa. Sandton’s status as the premier business hub of South Africa has created one of the most sought-after areas in the country. A considerable amount of the city's A-grade office space is to be found in Sandton.
The properties in Sandton are some of the most desirable top-end real estate in the country. Often referred to as the mink and manure belt owing to the equestrian centres and small holdings which characterise the rather rural and countrified commercial and residential zone. Sandton does however cater to a wide range of budgets, with property ranging from elegant family homes to modern high security townhouses in an assortment of architectural styles and value-for-money homes in cluster developments. The area is also renowned for its luxury apartments in the high rise buildings which emulate the skyline of New York.
The north/south highway also provides a convenient escape to the popular week-end retreats of Sun City, the Magaliesberg, Dullstroom, the Leeuwkloof Valley Conservancy and prime big five safari destinations. Commuters are able to reach their destinations via the M1/N1 highway and the Gautrain network.
- Sandton offers a host of popular attractions over and above the glittering nightclubs, speciality stores and award winning restaurants which grace the shopping malls and entertainment complexes.
- Monte Casino is an entertainment palace that replicates the streets of Italy. From casinos to kiddies arcade rooms ,movie theatres to live theatre shows ,restaurants for any palette ,Cocktail bars ,the square where all sports games and movies can be seen ,bowling alleys, shops, boutiques ,face paintings ,magicians, bird park and more .
- Nelson Mandela Square is a beautiful paved and traffic free area surrounded by Sandton City Mall complex. It is unlike any other square, which is amidst huge traffic and the hustle bustle of cross roads.
- A great venue for meetings, conferences and exhibitions. The Sandton Convention Centre has the best facilities and is linked to the Sandton Shopping Centre. There is also ample parking and easy access.
- Sports lovers are well entertained by the action at the Wanderers Cricket Ground and Golf Club.